Duration: 5 days
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm daily
Overview: A 4 day classroom and 1 day hands-on farming course (Farm appropriate footwear needed)
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Aquaculture
- The Biology of African Catfish
- Feed and Feeding
- How to set up a Fish Farm
- Hands-on design and construction of a RAS (Full function RAS system)
- Water Chemistry – Water quality and parameters needed for optimal health and fast growth of fish.
- Farm facilities tour and discussions
- RAS Set Up in the UK and how to maintain a warmwater temperature.
- UK Legislations for Catfish Farming
- Farm Management
- Hatchery Management
- Full Catfish Farming cycle from Hatchery to Table size (1.5kg)
- Full on-hands experience in the farm – A day in the life of a modern fish farmer.
- Fluted Pumpkins’ start-up experience, mistakes, failures and how we succeeded.
- List of Materials
- List of suppliers